In order for us to operate our business and provide our services to You, it is sometimes necessary for us to collect or process information about You. In general terms, this information will take one or more of the following forms:
- Information that you provide to us directly, such as in the situation where you complete an online form or send us a message via our website;
- Information that is automatically sent to us by Your computer’s internet browser when you visit our website, such as your computer’s technical address (or ‘IP address’) or information about which particular internet browser you are using and so on;
- Information about how you use our website or our services, such as which pages you visit, how frequently you visit the site and so forth.
Who we are
In terms of your use of this website, We, TechGlobal.ca, act in the capacity of Data Controller, and should you have any questions or concerns about the data we hold about you, we can be contacted using the information below:
Data Controller: TechGlobal.ca
Email correspondence: [email protected]
Data Security Policy
We will do the utmost in our power to make sure your information is secure by taking reasonable precautions to keep your data safe. We cannot guarantee that your information will not be accessible to unwarranted breaches of data or unauthorized access by third parties. By consenting to have your information collected by us, you accept these terms and will not hold us liable for any breach of your data that may occur.
Who we share data with
We operate on a strict ‘need to know’ basis for all data that we work with, and that is particularly true for any personal data. The only people/organisations that are granted access to personal data are:
- Owners of TechGlobal who provide administration of this site;
- Our web hosting technology suppliers (currently SiteGround) who provide the physical server infrastructures that our website operates on.
- Our data analytics services (Google Analytics and Cloudflare).
- Our subscription mailing service (Mailchimp).
We have signed data privacy agreements with these companies which signifies our responsibility to hold your data in the most secure manner.
How your data is protected
We take the security of all personal data very seriously, and that data is protected in a number of ways:
- Access control: access to personal data is strictly limited in line with our policy detailed in the ‘who we share data with section’ on this page. Access is controlled by individual accounts, which we securely store the information handled by them.
- Dedicated security software: We operate dedicated security scanning and access control software on all of our websites. This software is responsible for limiting login attempts to our site, blocking potentially malicious attempts to access our services, and regularly performing full file system scans.
- Data encryption: where data is stored in a cloud facility (such as the storage of website backup files), that data is encrypted both ‘in transit’ and ‘at rest’ – meaning that all data is securely obscured both during the process of transfer to the cloud provider, and then additionally when it is in storage at its final location.This website is also secured with SSL encryption, which means that all traffic to and from our servers is encrypted. This applies to our own administrative access to the website as well as that of users of our services.
Additionally, we ensure that our own dedicated secure Virtual Private Network (VPN) is used when we access the site from anywhere on a public wifi network.
- Selection of third party service providers: we use a very limited number of third party service providers, but some are essential for the provision of physical hosting environments and cloud services. One of the core factors in the selection of such providers is their ability to provide secure systems and processes.
Access to your personal data
In the situation where you have directly provided personal information to us (such as by completing an online form or contacting us for further information), you have a number of rights regarding the personal data that we hold:
- You have the right to obtain from us confirmation about whether any such data is being held;
- You have the right to require that we provide you with whatever data we are holding/processing about you, including the right for that data to be transferred to another data controller;
- Even if you have consented to Us processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that permission at any time;
- You have the right to require us to rectify any incomplete or incorrect information held about you;
- You have the right to require us to erase the data held about you (the ‘right to be forgotten’);
In the situation where we collect personal data automatically (such as from your internet browser or via internet Cookies or other similar technologies):
- You have the right to object to the legal basis upon which we are collecting this data, and We have an obligation to consider and respond to that objection;
- You have the right to request the prevention of further processing of your data while your objection is considered;
- You have the right to make a complaint to the relevant data protection authority
- In most circumstances, you can exercise these rights without paying a fee to us.
Types of data gathered
Links to External Websites
Most of the information on our site will contain links to websites that take you from our website. By clicking on these links, you accept that we have no control over the content of that website, and that no responsibility can be taken on our part if unwarranted actions occur due to clicking on that link. We cannot guarantee the security of these external websites, so reasonable caution should be taken before visiting any links, and the privacy policies of these external websites should be reviewed before you take action on that website.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS on techglobal.ca COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
TechGlobal.ca also participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.ca and other Amazon affiliated websites.
TechGlobal.ca is also a member of the CJ Affiliate Program, Google Adsense, and MGID publishing, which provide relevant content advertisements. Clicking on these advertisements will bring you from our website to another website, in which we cannot guarantee the legitimacy.
Website contact and subscription forms
When you complete one of the contact forms on our website, we will ask you for a number of pieces of personal information, such as your name, email address and other contact details. This is obviously required for us to respond to your request.
If you do not use or submit an online form on the website, no data will be collected in that regard.
Technical data (IP address, for example)
When you visit our website, our systems will log a record of your visit in our server logs, and typically this record will include the technical ‘IP’ address that is associated with your device and the browser type and version that you are using.
Such server logs are extremely common practice, and are used to monitor technical resources, monitor high-level server activity, and importantly to detect and prevent malicious or fraudulent activity on our systems. This data can also be used, if required, to diagnose reports of technical issues. The storage of IP addresses, allow us to identify patterns of behaviour (such as repeated malicious attempts to access a system).
IP addresses, in and of themselves, do not allow us in any way to identify you as an individual, especially given that it is very common for IP addresses to be dynamically allocated by your service provider, and will therefore often routinely change.
Furthermore, we do not and will not use the content of server access logs to attempt to determine an identifiable individual. We therefore do not consider that data held within server logs falls within the scope of ‘personal data’, and accordingly we do not seek your consent to collect it.
Like the vast majority of commercial websites, we use social media cookies from Facebook on our site. The cookies are placed by Facebook, and we use them to understand the effectiveness of social media campaigns that we operate.
If you are not logged into Facebook when you view our site, then it is not possible for any personal information about your visit to be collected, and therefore we do not specifically ask for your prior consent.
If you are logged into Facebook when you view our site, then Facebook will know when you visit us. We do not have any access to the detail of that personal data, as you have consented to share it with Facebook, not us. We just get to see anonymised data about the numbers of people who have responded to our advertising or other social media activity.
There are a number of ways of controlling the ads that you see based upon your activity on Facebook. The following resources may help to understand those choices:
- You can opt-out of Facebook tracking on the Blackbox website using the Cookie Control functionality on this site. You can edit your cookie preferences at any time using the Cookie Control icon in the bottom right hand corner of your screen, and disabling ‘marketing’ cookies.
- How to opt-out of Facebook interest-based advertising on your browser or mobile device:https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
- About Ads: http://www.aboutads.info/choices
- Your Online Choices: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
You can always use your browser’s ‘private’ or ‘incognito’ mode to browse websites anonymously.
If you disable marketing cookies on this site, it does not mean that you will not see our ads, it just means that they will not be personalized based on your Facebook activity.
How We Use This Information
We may need this data in order to:
- Improve your experience on our site by showing you relevant deals to your interests, or in your area
- To improve correspondence with you as a user of this site in the form of email communication with updates from our site or for offers that are featured on this site.
Cookies are small files which allows a browser to “remember” you in order to analyze web traffic to tailor the best experience for you on that particular website.
We use these cookies in order to analyze the web traffic going to techglobal.ca so that we can improve our site to match our target demographic.
Cookies are only allowed on your computer if you choose to allow them, and we will not have any way to control your actions on your computer or access your personal data, aside from the information you consent to provide to us.
When you first visit our site, a Cookie Control box will be displayed allowing you to choose whether to allow cookies or not. Only Essential cookies and those that do not contain/track any personal data will be set when you first visit our site.
We allow third party websites and advertisements to place cookies on your computer in order to provide an experience tailored for you, and to improve our site to match your interests. It is entirely up to you whether you agree to have cookies placed on your computer. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, however that choice can be changed in the settings of your browser. To find out more about cookies, please visit this site.
We affirm the credit to no images on this site, unless written, that we do not own the rights for. Images on this website are credited to their respective owners. If there is an image appearing on this site that is yours and you do not wish to have it on this website, please contact us with a direct link to the image and it will be taken down.
With any questions, you can always contact us and we will be happy to help you.